Sunday, January 11, 2009

Good Job Becky!

On New Year's Day, Marcus and I ventured up to Kingwood to see our sis-in-law run her very first full marathon! She had a sizable support team, and we drove from one site to the next to cheer her on. Everytime we saw her she seemed to be in good spirits, and was able to complete the race in just over four hours!
Here she is at the end, see, still smiling. And, I had Chris and Sarah on speaker phone so they could hear us all cheer her on!
When it was over, Becky received a ridiculously huge medal with a longhorn on it and some lilies. She was exhausted, but what an inspiration. I mean, I'm not going to run a marathon, but still, WOW. I'm amazed!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Chris & Sarah Peek said...

Wow, that medal is huge. Everything's bigger in Texas I guess ;)