Monday, April 06, 2009

Ahhhhhh!

It's a miracle I even remembered my password and username to get back into blogger! Three months is too long to not blog. But, I feel like life is slowly returning to normalcy. Is that a word? Pictures speak a thousand words. After I post, I'm going to try to scrounge up some pics from the past!
And so, tonight, I made dinner. It was a chicken-pasta dish (with peas and broccoli). It was cheap and easy and probably the healthiest thing we've eaten since Thanksgiving. This weekend I slaved away, washing every dish, every can, every bottle of vinegar and evoo. Most everything has a home (again). I took the day off today (to rest) and to do a few residual things.
There are still a few things left to do (like the cabinet door that's missing on my coffee cubby). And the powder room isn't quite done yet... that's why no pics- but it will be the finest powder room ever- once all's said and done! Royce did an A+++ job on the wood work, and I pushed him to the limit on my crazy bathroom, but it will be all worth it in the end!


The green paint in the laundry room is actually very soothing (doesn't quite photograph the same!). It's a Sherwin Williams paint, "Rainwashed"- you get the idea. You'll probably just have to visit (and do laundry) to be soothed.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anne said...

love it! looks like you suceeded in the look you were aiming for. can't wait to see it in person.love Mom

The Young Family said...

It's lovely! All that hard work paid off!

Chris & Sarah Peek said...

Dear me I should check your blog more often! The pics of your oh-so-fabulous (and even more so b/c it took so much work to get!) are a heap of fun to see. We really must come down and see you guys when we get two seconds together. I miss you! S

Kevin and Becky said...

My if that isn't the most lovely apron sink in the whole wide world! They certainly don't have kitchens like that over here.

Emily McShane said...

Looks great, Shan! Never saw much of the BEFORE, but am so impressed with the AFTER! Love, love, love the apron sink! So happy for you! I know you are so proud!

Shannon said...

Becky,

I can't wait till y'all are back from China and we can do dishes together at the sink (it "fits" two). And, with the new sprayer- you and my kitchen won't totally get hosed!