Sunday, November 09, 2008

Grandfather Mountain



One morning we left our little cabin in search of Grandfather Mountain. It was a little bit of a drive, but very worth the view! We thought we'd be doing a little more hiking, but there was a road almost all the way to the top. So, we spared ourselves the work out and just took the car up instead of parking at the base and dreadging up that trail!





This is the Mile High Swinging bridge. It wasn't that scary.





I forget what this rock was called, but it's a profile of a face... can you see it?


But the best part of the park was.... I'll post it soon....


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kim A said...

When my family and I went, we had expected to find the quick little hike that takes you to the top of the mountain. What we found instead, was the expert trail that took several hours to hike up, some of which required actual climbing and sliding on rear ends in places. I'm not exactly a FIT person, so this was rough.

Anyway, at the time we had wished we had done what you did. But now, I want to challenge myself... see if its easier the next time lol.