Sunday, November 09, 2008

I like to Win!!!

Those who know me, know that I'm a little bit competitive... okay, maybe more than just a little bit. So, when I heard about the Grove Park Inn's Annual Birdhouse COMPETITION - I just couldn't stop myself!

I tried to be sneaky (which is another quality trait of mine), and so, I built my little birdhouse out of a monopoly board while my dear husband slept upstairs. My thought was, I'll send it up to Asheville for the competition and when Marcus and I go to have dinner at the GPI one night I can surprise him! And even BETTER if I win one of the glorious prizes of cash and/ or nights stay at the hotel.

But, a few weeks before our trip, the GPI sent me a letter stating that they had received my entry (no word of having won anything...) Marcus and I will open each other's mail - not like birthday cards, but general mail is fair game to whoever gets home first. Unfortunately I was in Seattle when the letter arrived. Surprise spoiled. Boo. But, I refused to tell M anything about the little birdhouse, because I was still so proud of my hard work and wanted him to be surprised.

My entry is below. There were about 50 entries this year. I did not win...




I thought this was interesting, but I don't think it won anything either.



These didn't win... That chick with the red hair is very Tim Burtonesque...



Here was the grand winner. Terrible picture, I apologize, but this glass house was produced by a local artist and was very breath taking indeed.

I don't have any plans to learn how to blow glass or learn any other fabulous skills by next May, but I do have a little idea jumbling around in my head.... hmm, if I get started now....

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just typed you a really long comment and got a "duplicate error" message and came back to this page and my comment was gone :( To shorten it...beautiful pics, cool planes, glad you blogged...